Flash Flood Safety TIps
Flash flooding is defined as a sudden, local flood, usually due to heavy rain. All types of flooding can be dangerous to humans, animals, vehicles and structures.
Even if rainfall has not occurred in your area, run-off water can travel.
Here are a few tips to keep you safe from a flash flood:
- Do not drive your vehicle into any areas that have been flooded with water. It is difficult to judge how deep the water is, or the road conditions underneath.
- Do not play in any diversion canals. Only 6 inches of water is enough to sweep away a person.
- Do not drive past or around roadblocks.
- Flooding is more difficult to see at night - avoid driving at night in flooded areas.
- More to higher ground if flooding occurs in your area.
If your residential or commercial structures are damaged from flooding, call SERVPRO Joe at 626.852.9922 to set up an inspection appointment!