What to do and what NOT to do until help arrives after fire damage.
SERVPRO of Glendora / San Dimas, team of trained technicians are unloading the trucks to start the fire restoration process at a fire damaged home.
Fire & Smoke Damage:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Blow or brush-vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes, and carpets.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Wash both sides of leaves on house plants.
- Change HVAC filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your local SERVPRO of Glendora / San Dimas.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture with out first consulting your local SERVPRO professional.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances, TV, sets, radios, etc. that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire,heat, or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke order.