Where does mold come from?
Mold is a natural piece of the environment and can be useful for thriving wildlife. It breaks down dead organic matter, for example, leaves and trees, but when mold makes it way indoors, it wreaks havoc.
When there is mold infestation in your home is mostly likely due to the moisture in the air or any surfaces that are wet. It doesn’t matter what type of mold it is, all mold cannot grow without water or moisture.
Things you should know about Mold.
- There are health effects associated with mold exposure.
- There is no guarantee to permanently remove mold from your property, only prevention.
- If there is mold, clean up and eliminating the source of moisture feeding the mold prevents it from growing. Clean-up within 24-48 hours after detection.
- Repair the water/moisture problem.
- Reduce indoor humidity to 30-60%.
- Mold can be found and grown on any surface; mold on hard surfaces can be easily cleaned with water and some sort of detergent but mold on absorbent materials will have to be replaced by your local restoration company.