Have you looked under your sink...?
Unfortunately, water damage under kitchen sinks are more common than perhaps you realize! Have you looked under your sink recently?
We have you covered with a step by step process to help out with water damage under your sink.
In order to prevent water damage to the wood floor under the kitchen sink in the future, you will need to cover the wood with waterproof materials such as plastic or vinyl. You can buy a roll of wide vinyl or plastic and cut them to size, or you can buy few pieces of vinyl tile. You also have the option of choosing glue-down vinyl tile or self adhesive vinyl tile. If you are going to use self adhesive vinyl tiles, here are the steps:
- Clean the surface of the board
- Test out the layout of the vinyl tiles
- Draw lines on either sides of the vinyl tiles as guidelines for cutting to right sizes
- Use a pair of scissors or utility knife to cut the vinyl tiles
- Peel off the backing paper of the vinyl tiles and place them in the right position
- If the self adhesive vinyl tiles don't stick well to the surface, use the help of glue
- You can either apply the glue onto the board or on the back of the vinyl tiles
- Optionally, you can use small nails to help keep the vinyl tiles in place
- After you are done placing all the vinyl tiles, use water proof sealant to seal along the edges.
We hope you find this helpful! To read more visit: